[horde] Apache/Horde unresponsive

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 24 09:20:09 PDT 2006

Quoting "Daniel A. Ramaley" <daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU>:

> PostgreSQL constantly (several entries per minute when the server is
> being accessed) logs entries like this:
>     unexpected EOF on client connection
> Is that normal behavior for Horde?

No.  But it is "normal" behaviour anytime an apache child process crashes.

> Is anyone else using PostgreSQL
> seeing this? If not, any hints as to what i may have misconfigured?

I see those log messages when ever a child process dies, and some other
rare circumstances, but they should not be common.

Make sure you have configured postgres to allow at least as many connections
as you've configured apache to have children.  Otherwise, you'll have
problems, as Horde defaults to persistent connections, so each apache
child will hold one postgres connection open at all times.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!