[horde] Invalid parent permission

George Bell nyte at aurorarayne.com
Fri Jun 2 06:06:45 PDT 2006

On 2006-05-25 14:31, Tô wrote:
> Jan Schneider a écrit :
> > Zitat von Tô <chaloupe@???>:
> >
> >> Hi every body,
> >>
> >> 3 days of work and researches, and...I'm always at the same point.
> >> No way to give any permission to the Horde's applications !
> >> I've got always the same "Invalid parent permission" and can't
> >> undestand why.
> >>
> >> Nobody has this same problem ?
> >
> > No.
> Sure ? ;o)
> > Do you have a DataTree backend configured? Which version are you
> > using? etc.
> >
> Yes, I use MySQL as DataTree backend.
> I've installed Horde 3.2-cvs version over a Kolab 2.0.3 server.
(updated
> 2 days ago)
> It's my third installation of Horde and never had that kind of
trouble
> (1st with cvs)...I had others ;o)

Not sure if it is the same problem I was just having exactly, but I was
getting the same message every time I tried to add a permission, but I
believe I finally figured it out...  looks like horde tries to query
the horde_datatree table for an entry with group_uid set to
'horde.perms'.
If there is no match it doesn't seem to create one, it just dumps the
error.

As a workaround I just created a dummy row in the databse with group_uid
set to horde.perms manually, this allowed me to access the permissions
page, where I setup real permissions and then deleted my placeholder.

YMMV, but it worked for me.