[horde] installation setup files not found

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Jun 7 13:03:21 PDT 2006

Hello. I have decided to reinstall Horde. The reason is that i've been
trying (unsuccessfully) to trace down two possibly related problems.
The first is that Apache stops responding on occasion. The second is
the frequent entries in PostgreSQL's log "unexpected EOF on client
connection". I've checked everything that i know to check and not found
anything wrong. But since i originally installed Horde last November
and have updated it several times since then, i figure it is possible
that i missed an upgrade step somewhere along the way, leading to the
current problems.

I've unpacked Horde 3.1.1 on a different virtual host from the existing
installation (it is on a live system). The test.php page works
perfectly. According to the Horde docs/INSTALL file the next step is to
access Horde without a password and then configure an authentication
backend. I connect and click "Administration -> Setup -> Horde", which
all works as expected. However, when i click the "Authentication" tab
my browser tries to access /horde/admin/setup/auth, which doesn't
exist. Clicking on the other tabs also tries to access other files
within horde/admin/setup that do not exist. That directory just
contains a few regular PHP files:
    $ ls horde/admin/setup
    config.php  diff.php  index.php  scripts.php
How can i configure the new Horde?