[horde] Using horde with mod_proxy

Richard Zuidhof rzuidhof at versatel.nl
Thu Jun 15 03:59:16 PDT 2006

Nolan Rumble wrote:

> I have an internal machine which doesn't have access to the internet.  I
> have another machine which is viewable to the outside world.  On the
> outside machine, I run apache with mod_proxy.
>
> What I'm doing with the outside machine is telling it forward all
> requests on http://outside.host/horde to http://inside.host/horde
>
> I've changed the following settings in conf.php on inside.host:
> $conf['server']['name'] = 'outside.host';
> $conf['cookie']['domain'] = 'outside.host';
>
> to reflect the mod_proxy manipulation.
>
> The problem I have now is that the left panel/frame doesn't display at
> all.  If I change the above variables to inside.host, then the left
> panel/frame comes back.
>
> What settings do I need to manipulate in order to get it working properly?

A trick that you could do on the Apache box is the following.
Edit your hosts file and enter a line with the IP address of the inside
host with the nameof the outside host like:
192.168.12.34	outside.host

And in your Apache config:
    ProxyPass         / http://outside.host/
    ProxyPassReverse  / http://outside.host/