[horde] PHP Error for login.php using Firefox

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Jun 16 05:35:56 PDT 2006

Hello,

Aditya Rajgarhia schrieb:
> When I go to http://hostname/horde/ using Firefox 1.5 I get a pop-up box
> saying "You have chosen to open login.php" and whether I want to save it.
> This does not happen with IE

Your browser does not recognize the .php extension, or the associated MIME
type.

You can use the "Live HTTP headers" plugin from
<http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/> to verify that your
<http://hostname/horde/> request is redirected to
<http://hostname/horde/login.php>, and to view its content-type.
In my implementation, that content type is "text/html".

Now, if you get a different content type, you should mend
your WWW server's configuration: The server is supposed to
interpret the PHP source, and to deliver the resulting HTML
text to the browser.

If you, however, get the correct content-type, you should fix your
browser's configuration (somewhwere under Tools/Preferences/Downloads,
if I correctly have guessed the English terms).

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz