[horde] maintenance page and special character only work if I am admin

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jun 17 06:03:49 PDT 2006

Zitat von Bosco Tsang <maillist at bosco.cs.uoguelph.ca>:

> Sorry for sending out so many messages lately, but I still cannot figure out
> how to fix this. The problem again is that when I try to use the special
> character while composing message, it will bounced to the inbox page, with
> the following errors logged,
>

> [Thu Jun 15 16:35:20 2006] [error] [client 131.104.45.8] File does not
> exist: /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/imp/js/horde.js, referer:
> https://webmail.example.ca/mail/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX
>
> [Thu Jun 15 16:35:20 2006] [error] [client 131.104.45.8] File does not
> exist: /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/imp/js/horde.ie.js, referer:
> https://webmail.example.ca/mail/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX
>

> If I login using an admin account, there is no such problem and everything
> works. Maintenance page also experience similar problem. I've tried to play
> around with the path and still can't get it working. My current path looks
> like this (in httpd.conf),
>

> DocumentRoot "/usr/local/webmail/current/horde/imp"
>
> Alias /imp/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/imp/
>
> Alias /js/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/js/
>
> Alias /themes/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/themes/
>
> Alias /admin/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/admin/
>
> Alias /horde/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/
>
> Alias /services/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/services/
>
> Alias /turba/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/turba/
>
> Alias /ingo/ /usr/local/webmail/current/horde/ingo/
>

> I've also tried to set the jsfs linkage in registry.php but it doesn't help.
> Seems like it will automatically set a different path for administrator and
> normal user, but I still can't the source. Anyone can give me some light on
> this?

Looks like you really borked your directory layout/configuration.
Start with a fresh copy from registry.php.dist.

Then change the webroot for IMP *only*.
Then add the following alias:
Alias /horde /usr/local/webmail/current/horde

Anything else shouldn't be necessary if I understand correctly what
you want to achieve. All documented in
http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Config btw.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/