[horde] Strange loop when configuring Horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jun 24 19:09:15 PDT 2006

Quoting Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org>:

> Although the steps I described below *do* reproduce the problem, my
> conclusion seems to be wrong, because when conf.php is not writable by
> apache, when I manually copy the resulting configuration from the Horde
> page to the conf.php file the redirect loop happens again. So the loop
> happens because of something wrong in the configuration.

So basically you get the loop when the file is updated, or at least
when Horde _thinks_ the file has been updated?

> I managed to complete this configuration correctly twice before, but
> now I can't remember a step (and can't find it documented). After
> accessing the Horde UI without a password, when can I create the real
> Administrator account and set it's password?

Depends entirely on your authentication backend. You set
administrators in $conf['auth']['admins']. You can create a first
account for SQL auth by using
horde/scripts/sql/script.initial_horde_user.sql.

-chuck