[horde] Pages very slow to load, sometimes coming up blank

Lane, Jim Jim.Lane at CIBC.com
Thu Jul 6 12:15:30 PDT 2006

Luciano: you're a genius! I fixed up my hosts file and things are
working perfectly now.
Thanks!

Jim Lane

-----Original Message-----
From: Luciano Ramalho [mailto:luciano at ramalho.org]
Sent: July 6, 2006 3:09 PM
To: Lane, Jim
Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [horde] Pages very slow to load, sometimes coming up blank

I had a similar problem recently. I was testing my Horde setup by
visiting http://localhost/horde. Chuck suggested it could be an
authentication problem, which caused Firefox and Apache to enter a
redirect loop. You can confirm this by watching the Apache access log
while you wait for the response.

If you are having the redirect loop problem, in my case it was caused by

using cookie authentication while my server lacked a qualified host name

(Apache was complaining about it upon restart).

To fix the problem, I added a line like this to the etc/hosts file:

10.0.0.5 mymachine.localdomain mymachine

After restarting Apache, I was able to use Horde without problems by
going to:

http://mymachine.localdomain/horde

Hope that helps.

Cheers,