[horde] gollem asks for user and passowrd to "ftp server"?

Lane, Jim Jim.Lane at CIBC.com
Fri Jul 7 06:12:13 PDT 2006

Hi, All

I've installed and configured the latest releases of Horde and Gollem.
The menus for Horde come up fine showing Gollem as "file manager". When
I click on it I get a panel asking for a userid and password to connect
to an FTP server. What userid and password is this referring to? I tried
to setup Horde to use my /etc/passwd file but I couldn't seem to get
that to work. Now I've reverted to the default where invoking Horde
automatically logins me in as Administrator. I'm sure I'm probably
missing something here. There are an awful lot of tabs under Horde
configuration after all. How should I be setting this up? I don't have
LDAP or anything else other than local Unix accounts to work with.
Security isn't a major concern in this environment.

TIA

Jim Lane