[horde] gollem asks for user and passowrd to "ftp server"?

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Jul 7 06:38:21 PDT 2006

Quoting "Lane, Jim" <Jim.Lane at CIBC.com>:

> Hi, All
>

> I've installed and configured the latest releases of Horde and Gollem.
> The menus for Horde come up fine showing Gollem as "file manager". When
> I click on it I get a panel asking for a userid and password to connect
> to an FTP server. What userid and password is this referring to? I tried
> to setup Horde to use my /etc/passwd file but I couldn't seem to get
> that to work. Now I've reverted to the default where invoking Horde
> automatically logins me in as Administrator. I'm sure I'm probably
> missing something here. There are an awful lot of tabs under Horde
> configuration after all. How should I be setting this up? I don't have
> LDAP or anything else other than local Unix accounts to work with.
> Security isn't a major concern in this environment.

Hi Jim,

I use ldap and have never tried with unix accounts but I don't see why
there should be any differences.  It should work the same as the
command line.

Below is one of my configurations for ftp in gollem/backends.php that
will hopefully help you as a point for comparison.

If your horde login is only the userid and password and are the same as
your commandline ftp userid and password, this configuration that I use
for ldap should probably work.  The root and home variables will need
to be set up for your installation.  I use virtual domains in proftpd
so '/' in my case is:

/home/virtual/$vdomain/

do to my setup in proftpd.  So basically this gives them access to
their homedirectory only.  The same in unix could be something like
'/home/'

$backends['personalftp'] = array(
  'name' => 'FTP Server',
  'driver' => 'ftp',
  'preferred' => '',
  'hordeauth' => 'full',
  'params' => array(
  'root'=> '/' . Auth::getAuth(),
  'home'=> '/' Auth::getAuth(),
  'hostspec' => 'localhost',
  // The port number of the FTP server
  'port' => 21,
  'pasv' => false,
  ),
  'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'download', 'modified', 'size',
'permission', 'owner', 'group')
);

Hope this helps,

ed