[horde] configurating more than one domain

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Jul 10 03:45:41 PDT 2006

Quoting xare <xaresd at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> Quoting, eculp at encontacto.net
>
>> > I provide service to more than one user and more than one domain.
>> OK,  Most here probably do the same.
>>
>> > How can I do to direct userA from domainA and userB from domainB to
>> their
>> > inboxes?
>>
>> Here I begin to get confused.  I assume that you mean to read mail.  If
>> so that would probably be your imap or pop3 configuration, wouldn't it.
>>   Imp would be a client, no?
>

> Yes but until now  my clients have to type in the IP number of the machine
> to access their mail http://ip_number/horde/imp
>
> There I offer them the chance to select their domain with a scrolling menu
> in the loging screen.
>
>> I plan to open both subdomains mail.domainA.tld and mail.domainB.tld and
>> > userA should go to the first and userB should go to the second one, and
>> then
>> > login.
>>
>> I assume that you are talking about web pages?  If so that is an apache
>> configuration and your choosing a method for logging into horde or one
>> of the applications to be able to access the information.
>

> OK this is what I wrote in apache
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName mail.domain.tld
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/horde
> ErrorLog /home/domain/logs/mailerror_log
> CustomLog /home/domain/logs/mailaccess_log common
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/domain/cgi-bin/
> <Directory /var/www/html/horde>
> Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
> allow from all
> </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>

I usually create a stanza, like the one above for each of my virtual domains,

> When I type http://mail.domain.tld I get the desired loging screen at
> http://mail.domain.tld/horde/imp but I fail to suceed login.

You should probably run the PHP Mail Server Support Test with users for
both domains that is in the imp/test.php. This could be an issue with
you imp/config/servers.php and/or your backend not accessing the
correct virtual domain.

> I write in my
> login name and password and get the login form empty back, not even a "login
> failed" message.

Check your log files.

> When I do the same using the IP number instead of mail.domain.tld everything
> works fine.

For both domains or for only one?

>> > 1. I have created mail.domainA.tld pointing to /var/www/html/horde/imp
>> in my
>> > system but the loging screen at least would not take the stylesheet
>> > correctly.
>> > 2. Then I pointed in apache to /var/www/html/horde. The result is a very
>> > long time to wait and resulting in a blank screen.
>>
>> Have you looked at horde/test.php through your browser and also all the
>> test.php's of your active horde applications?  If so, are there any
>> errors?
>

> http://85.31.144.205/horde/test.php
> http://85.31.144.205/horde/imp/test.php
As I mentioned above:
   You should probably run the PHP Mail Server Support Test
   with users for both domains that is in the imp/test.php.
   This could be an issue with you imp/config/servers.php
   and/or your backend not accessing the correct virtual domain.

good luck,

ed