[horde] How to use the patch against version 3.1.1

Martin Lohmeier martin at mein-horde.de
Wed Jul 12 04:41:02 PDT 2006

David wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have horde 3.1.1.
> I have a question, I didn't found any informations on how to use the patch for
> horde 3.1.1 to 3.1.2
> Is it simple? or should I take the complete version of the 3.1.2 and merge
> everything?
>

> Thanks

Hey David,

this patches are used as all other patches are used and I'm pretty sure
this is mentioned in horde/docs/UPGRADE (patches can be applied also for
updates).

The disadvantage of patches is that they do not cover binary files like
images and translations. Translations can be generated after the update
and it's not very likely that images change in minor updates. But it's
more save to use the full tar balls. See
http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Install#toc8

bye, Martin