[horde] Bulk user import

eculp@encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Aug 4 06:30:37 PDT 2006

Quoting Bill Graham <grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com>:

> Maybe I am missing something.
>
> Why don't you authorize against LDAP directly ?
>
> Bill
>
> Quoting matzematiker at gmx.de:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there a way to do a bulk user import into horde?? Or is it even
>> possible to create users from LDAP?? Are there any tools to do such
>> things?? Or should I do it whith a script that creates the users in
>> the database?? Has anyone experience with such things??

Mathias, I agree with Bill in that ldap works wonderfully with horde
basically out of the box, in my experience.  If the script that you
refer to is meant to be php and use the horde framework, there have
been quite a few changes in the head version to vilma that can possibly
do what you have in mind.  Maybe someone who is using them could give a
little more information on the new features.

There is also a summer of code project that is to be an interface to
your ldap database, IIRC and there is even a new project that seems
focused on dns management.  I'm not familiar with either yet but they
sure sound great and could all fit together into an awesome and simple
email ldap admin package.

enjoy,

ed