[horde] How to program Horde, and Imp, hooks?
Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Aug 7 08:50:07 PDT 2006
for historic reasons, the names of the mailboxes in our IMAP server
have no algorithmic relation to the e-mail addresses. E. g., the
mailbox (= IMAP account) for my test account is "pop15959", whilst
the e-mail address is "hugine.habicht at uni-konstanz.de". I can look
up the relation (in both directions), in our LDAP server.
1. I want the user to login, directly to Imp H3 4.1.2, with the
local part of their respective e-mail address,
e. g. "hugine.habicht"; then Imp will have to determine the proper
IMAP account, via an LDAP request.
2. I also want the proper e-mail address, and the cn from the LDAP
entry, to be used for the SMTP "MAIL FROM" command, and for the
RFC 822 "From:" header.
I guess that an _imp_hook_vinfo function in horde/config/hooks.php
could be used to find the proper IMAP account, but I cannot figure
out the exact interface for that function.
- imp/config/conf.xml says: "The hook will be used to set $imp['user']
at login time." -- but then, what is the exact purpose of that
variable? Will it be used as the IMAP account, or as the From address?
Is it supposed to contain a complete e-mail address, or only the local
- The example in horde/config/hooks.php.dist mentions:
· a global variable named $_SESSION['imp']['user'],
· an argument called $type, that may have the value 'username',
or 'vdomain', or possibly something else.
But I cannot find any information on
· the possible keys and values of the $_SESSION array,
and their respective use and meaning,
· the possible values of that $type argument,
and their respective meaning,
· the meaning, and syntax, of the result this function
is supposed to yield.
Where can I find the missing documentation?
Or, if a kind soul would be willing to tell me, how
(with which arguments) will this function be invoked,
and what is it supposed to yield, in the "Hugine.Habicht"
example outlined above?
I guess that the _imp_hook_vinfo function is also somehow involved
in determining the correct From address -- but how? I hope, this
will become evident from the answer on item 1, above.
I also guess, that I will have to provide another hook to find
the full name for the RFC 822 From header, probably
_prefs_hook_fullname. But again, I cannot derive from the
examples provided in horde/config/hooks.php.dist how this
function will be invoked, and what it is supposed to yield.
- It will be invoked with one argument, named $user. I guess,
this is the user name supplied in the login screen -- or
can it be some other string, possibly derived from
_imp_hook_vinfo's result? And why do the examples provided
check for an empty argument? And what string will be delivered
by Auth::get_Auth() -- in the example outlined above, will it
be "pop15959", or "hugine.habicht at uni-konstanz.de", or
- And what is the difference between Auth::get_Auth() and
- Is _prefs_hook_fullname supposed to yield the user's common name
in UTF-8, or as an encoded-word, according to RFC 2047?
Thanks, in advance, for any enlightment.
More information about the horde