[horde] "Other Users" and "Shared Folders"

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Thu Aug 10 14:38:39 PDT 2006

We managed to fix things (we hope) by tweaking the Cyrus server to
just simply return when asked for the namespace (I think... I'm not
the administrator of that server so that's what was described to
us).  It worked like a charm, dropping the return time on that
operation from almost 2 seconds to milliseconds.  Now an inbox with
almost 35,000 messages displays in 4 seconds versus 15 seconds with
no ill effects on the mail server.  As for not supporting shared and
other user folders, the way it was described to me was that we just
don't give the users that functionality for whatever reason.  I'm not
sure what they've done - it's all black magic to me  :)

We're going to try and go live again in the morning.  Here's hoping....