[horde] Help for a novice?

Valiante horde at valiante.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 02:37:33 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm pretty new to all this and spent most of yesterday trying (and failing) to
get Horde up and running on my site.

The main problem I have is my host doesn't give access to a command line so I'm
unable to run config scripts, etc.  Also I don't really know much (if anything)
about PHP, LDAP, SQL, or my web server's components or their versions (or how
to find out what they are).

I've now gone back to square one, put all the files back to default and removed
all the *.dist extensions from the files in the config directory, in the hope
that you guys on the mailing list may be able to guide me, step by step, into
getting this up and running.

For now all I want is the basic webmail functionality.  For now (until DNS
updates) the site is accessible only through the IP.  Here's a link to the test
page;

http://66.116.204.2/test.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,