[horde] Help for a novice?

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Aug 14 01:47:58 PDT 2006

Hello Valiante,

you have written:
> If I go to the main page (http://webmail.valiante.co.uk) I'm authenticated as
> Administrator and am able to go through the various Setup tabs, however I still
> can't find any entry for my IMAP & SMTP server settings.

The WWW interface is only part of the configuration; you have to
enter essential configurartion details via som editor in other
configuration files.

Please read both horde/docs/INSTALL and horde/imp/docs/INSTALL.

> I seem to be getting a fatal error when I go to
> http://webmail.valiante.co.uk/imp.

Again, read both horde/docs/INSTALL and horde/imp/docs/INSTALL.

> if I amend the options under Setup I
> get an error when generating the configuration

Your WWW server must have the right to write the
horde/config/conf.php, horde/imp/config/conf.php,
horde/config/conf.php.bak, and horde/imp/config/conf.php.bak
files.

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz