[horde] Performance Issues, Input Requested

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Thu Aug 24 21:15:54 PDT 2006

I've noticed recently that clicking simple things like messages, or
"Inbox", are taking excessive server load.  The server load appears to
be in the httpd process.  I found this recently when I was using
SyncML, and now it's apparently timing out.  I don't see the MySQL
process taking up much CPU, nor much IO Wait on the system.

I turned on DEBUG logging for a few clicks  (I'm really the only one
using this system at nite) and I find a TON of queries being
performed, many of them on the DataTree objects/table.  A lot of
queries are also run when I do the same debug logging of a SyncML
request.

How can I start gathering the appropriate information on the
performance issues with my installation?  Again, I've not changed
anything recently, so it must simply be data growth of my calendar and
other items.  Would be great if I could get SyncML (which I love) to
only sync new calendar items! ;-)

System:
     RHEL3 Linux Kernel 2.4.21
     Apache HTTP 2.0.46
     PHP 4.3.2 (from php.com -- non-Zend)
     MySQL 3.23.58

Horde:
     Horde 3.1.1
     IMP 4.1.1
     Kronolith 2.1
     Mnemo 2.0
     Nag 2.0
     Turba 2.1.1

Thanks for helping me start on this performance hog hunt! :)

--
-bk