[horde] Troubles with 3.2-cvs Version and kolab !

i.bin@dah.am i.bin at dah.am
Fri Aug 25 02:50:12 PDT 2006

Hi !
I am a horde user from the first time.
Now i switched to kolab and i ran into serious troubles with horde.
The 3.1.2 version didn't work with kolab.
The 3.1.4 version had troubles with the ldap connect.
Now i use the 3.2-cvs version with turba , kronolith and imp.
All is working, but i have troubles with the preference system and
turba. (imp).

Prob 1:
I cannot switch to the kolab preferences driver in the preferences
setup of horde.
I made all changes to the ldap tree.
All my user have the Obj.Class HordePerson. (kolab howto).
But if i login, the preference system doesn't work.
The error like shown in line 183 is not a binding problem, because
there's already a problem with the dn syntax, so no bind happens at all.
LDAP debug log doesn't show a connect.
Error i apache's log:
[Thu Aug 24 19:59:23 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  ldap_errno():
supplied argument is not a valid ldap link resource in
/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Prefs/ldap.php on line 183
Line in source:
/* If necessary, bind to the LDAP server as the user with search
          * permissions. */
         if (!empty($this->_params['searchdn'])) {
             $bind = @ldap_bind($conn, $this->_params['searchdn'],
                                $this->_params['searchpass']);
             if (!$bind) {
                 return PEAR::raiseError(sprintf('Bind to server %s:%d
with DN %s failed: [%d] %s',
                                                 $this->_params['hostspec'],
                                                 $this->_params['port'],
                                                 $this->_params['searchdn'],

ldap_errno($this->_connection),

ldap_error($this->_connection)));
             }
         }

Prob2:Turba

I have a global addressbook and a client addressbook.
The client's addressbook is stored on the imap folder INBOX/Contacts.
If i use the imp's button to (book icon) to put the user in the
addressbook a problem occurs. It tries always to add the user in the
global addressbook, which is of course read-only (kolab
users-ldap).Although my default addressbook is the client addressbook
(IMAP) this option is completely ignored.

I read a lot in the cvs mailinglist (also buglist) and i use a new
turba sources.file. Link: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=4084
Without that sources file turba will not work with kolab.

I would appreciate any help.

Kond regards

Franz