[horde] about vacation and forward with LDAP

Cheng Bruce itlist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 08:21:43 PDT 2006

dear all,

Excuse me for asking like this old question and using poor Enlgish. I
really search in google, but I still can't do the autoreply and
forward with LDAP server sucessfully.
I use the following version:
(horde)  3.1.3
(vacation) H3 (3.0)
(mnemo) H3 (2.1)
(passwd) H3 (3.0)
(nag) H3 (2.1.1)
(gollem) H3 (1.0.2)
(forwards) H3 (3.0)
(kronolith) H3 (2.1.2)
(mimp) H3 (1.0)
(turba) H3 (2.1.2)
(ingo) H3 (1.1.1)
(imp) H3 (4.1.3)
I try to use gnarwl to do this, but it failed.
  1. Define a new transport:
/etc/postfix/transports
autoreply.domain.com    gnarwl:

  2. Create transport.db file and include in postfix config:
/etc/postfix/main.cf
transport_maps= hash:/etc/postfix/transport

  3. Add to /etc/postfix/master.cf:
gnarwl    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe flags=F
user=gnarwl argv=/usr/local/bin/gnarwl -v $sender $recipient

  4. Restart postfix

  5. Define an alias for every user, who may use the autoresponder:
user1 at domain.com   -> user1 at domain.com user1 at autoreply.domain.com

I am not sure if the "gnarwl-3.3/contrib/horde/gnarwl.php" can't be
used in the latest version. It shows the blank page.

>From "http://www.columbia.edu/acis/email/cyrus/ingo-guide.html", I can
see those screens with Vacation and forward functions in INGO, but I
can't see them in mine. I don't know how to use the PHP progarm like
"/var/www/html/horde/ingo/vacation.php" and
"/var/www/html/horde/ingo/forward.php" in INGO. is there any different
from the plugin of VACATIONS and Forward?

Would you please advise me how to handle them with LDAP not use .forward ?

By the way, is it possible not double sign on for Horde and IMP? just
sign one time and go through the IMP and Horde.

I hope you could understand my poor English and Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Bruce