[horde] UpGrade to Horde 3.1.2

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Mon Sep 4 05:05:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Dominique Leuenberger <dominique at leuenberger.net>:
>
>> after upgrading Horde to v3.1.2, a login to the system is no longer
>> possible. Only after disabling the newly ceated Config-Parameter (for
>> session cookies), a login is possible again.
>
> So, what's the problem.  Sounds like you solved it already?

The problem IS: I can NOT activate cookie based session tracking, as I
can not login afterwards. But still I would like to be able to
activate the cookie based tracking.

>> If I enter in the textbox for example '.leuenberger.net' (usually
>> without the quotes, as in all other textboxes), this also get's written
>> to the conf file WITHOUT the quotes, thus rendering the config file
>> completely illegal.
>
> It says, does it not, that what you enter has to be a valid php expression?
> '.leuenberger.net' is a valid php expression, as is $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'],
> but .leuenberger.net is NOT a valid php expression.

You're right, I expected all descriptions and requirements to find in
the text left to the input box. My fault here.

>> Looging forward for an answer, and I'm willing to help with whatever it
>> need, however I can.
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is, so can't offer much help.

Maybe still some help available, as the cookie based auth is still not
working.

  Greetings,
  Dominique