[horde] Horde Groupware

Don Robertson don at robertson.net.nz
Wed Sep 20 02:04:27 PDT 2006

Hi - I have just installed Horde Groupware and have a few questions. I
have not bothered to read the documents or search the mailing list
because I am sure someone will be able to give me the answer right off
the top of their head.

No - just kidding. This is just a quick note to say I like it so far. I
am having problems with the LDAP part of it - can authenticate but
cannot add users to groups. I've looked on the wiki, but am not sure if
I need to add _horde_hook_authldap to my - presumably config/hooks.php
file - or if I need to uncomment any of the other ldap bits. LDAP is
still a bit of a black box to me. OpenLDAP, incidentally.

I will look into it - unfortunately I do not get a lot of time. I am
still trying to convince people that not *everyone* needs to have
administrative access to the XP clients. "But someone I have never heard
of just sent me this new screen saver" they say. Sigh.

Also our Library Management System (marketing speak for book catalog) is
a proprietary product from several years ago that we cannot afford to
upgrade. The only value I can see in it is that it is the best argument
for open source software I have come across.

Anyway - just wanted to say I like it and is there a groupware mainglist
documentations etc? I know it is still a pre-release version but I would
like to try it out on some of our more technically savvy students.

Also I note that some work has been done on translating Horde apps into
Khmer - I would be very interested in talking to them.

Anyway - beginning to feel like old man Simpson talking about having an
onion in his belt (because it was the fashion back then) so I had better
go.

don :-)
--
Don Robertson