[horde] Stable(ish) versions of WHUPS and Wicked

Seb Belcher s.d.j.belcher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:17:02 PDT 2006

Ben Chavet <ben <at> horde.org> writes:

> You need to install the Text_Wiki PEAR package (pear install Text_Wiki)

> Are you using Horde from CVS HEAD, or a stable release?  I believe
> that Horde_Form_Type_datetime is only available in CVS.  Any time you
> are running an application from CVS HEAD (especially an app without a
> stable release, like wicked or whups), you should also use Horde and
> Framework from CVS HEAD.
>
> --Ben

Thanks Ben, that explains it.  Thing is, I an loathed to use HEAD Horde
because this is a production system, I want to be able to trial these apps
within the existing framework to see if the users actually find them useful.

Is it possible to tell by looking at a snapshot whether it is at least all
working, I'm worried that if I just grab an arbitrary snapshot on the day I
decide to do the Horde upgrade it might have a bit of broken code in it and
mess up the whole system.

Forgive me if I'm underestimating the Horde team! There might never be broken
snapshots, but the warning on the horde.org site is very clear; that snapshots
might not work.

Regards,
Seb.