[horde] Fwd: horde language choices

Allen Hancock lists at hancockconsulting.net
Wed Sep 27 15:58:14 PDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>> Where does one lock that preference?
>
> in config/prefs.php
>
>> More importantly, does that lock effect the entire installation?  how
> Yes.
>
>> do I let users change their settings once, to let them avoid that
>> page, while still letting new users change their settings, or to
>> allow a user to change their setting in their preferences at a
>> later time?
> You can't.

Thank you for the reply Jan.

as the OP of the message Chuck forwarded, I would like to know how to
get this feature added to horde in general.

The issue at hand is that our ISP has installed horde system wide,
and so need to leave the language feature enabled.

at the same time, we as users are not interested in choosing a
language, especially since we set our preference in horde's general
preferences in each of our accounts.

It seems to me that if we can set the language preference in our
individual accounts, horde should not need to ask us again about
which language to use once we have logged in.

thank you,

-Allen Hancock

--
Allen Hancock