[horde] remote mysql db

samer khalil samerk1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 09:02:52 PDT 2006

Hello,
  I am using horde 3.1.3 with imp 4.1.3 on 2 diferent web servers with a
single Mysql db on one of them.
When am logged in to the sever hosting the database eveything goes well.

On the second web server in have in my conf.php:

$conf['sql']['persistent'] = false;
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = '192.168.1.1';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['password'] = 'xxxxxxxx';
$conf['sql']['port'] = 3306;
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'iso-8859-1';
$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';

from the command line mysql connection works fine:
# mysql -u horde -p -h 192.168.1.1
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 162 to server version: 5.0.22-standard
mysql>

When I attempt to login in through horde, i get the home page but never logs
in. It keeps looping.
On the Auth server the user is authenticating correcty and a Db connection
is openned with the original server (it shows in netstat -nta)

any idea how i can solve this ?
Thanks
SK