[horde] Using Pear Installer to Install Horde Framework

Nick Cole nick at cole2.com
Wed Oct 11 03:36:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

Getting short of hair to pull out here!

I have recently completely re-installed my copy of pear, and have the
pear web installer running very nicely. I have added pear.horde.org as
a channel via the web installer, although as a slight irritation I
can't seem to find a way to change to this channel via the web
installer - any ideas?

However, I circumvented this by installing directly from the dialog
box on the package manager page, installing this:

channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Util-0.0.2

to install the Util package. This creates a Horde directory inside my
pear/PEAR directory, and inside that are four files:

Array.php
String.php
Util.php
Variables.php

I have updated Horde's core.php to include mydomain.com/pear, and also
included mydomain.com/pear/Horde. When I run horde/test.php everything
looks fine, but when I try to execute horde itself, I get the
following error message:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'util' in
/homepages/1/d69754957/htdocs/cole/admin/horde_head/lib/base.php on
line 31

I'd appreciate any help!

Cheers, Nick.