[horde] Newbie doing initial horde installation

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Thu Nov 2 09:31:52 PST 2006

At 12:12 PM 11/2/2006, Jason Clifton wrote:

 >> Its easy just change ENGINE = InnoDB; to ENGINE = MyISAM;

Nope, now I get:

ERROR 1064 at line 154: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ENGINE =
MyISAM' at line 6

There is some part of...

CREATE TABLE horde_sessionhandler (
     session_id             VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
     session_lastmodified   INT NOT NULL,
     session_data           LONGBLOB,

     PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
) ENGINE = InnoDB;

... that it doesn't like.

Line 154 is the CREATE TABLE line.  I have no idea what line 6 refers
to.  That line is:

-- $ mysql --user=root --password=<MySQL-root-password> < create.mysql.sql

... which is part of the header comment (I guess "--" is supposed to be a
comment delimiter, much like # or //) and is meant to explain how to run it.

I tried eliminating the ENGINE= altogether, so that I ended up with:

CREATE TABLE horde_sessionhandler (
     session_id             VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
     session_lastmodified   INT NOT NULL,
     session_data           LONGBLOB,

     PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
);

... and it ran to completion without complaint ... however I have no idea
if horde or turba will actually be happy with it like that.

Eric