[horde] Newbie doing initial horde installation

Jason Clifton jason at citydiesel.net
Thu Nov 2 09:42:01 PST 2006

If it ran to completion before then you should be ok,  all that line
does is tell mysql what type of table to create. MyISAM or InnoDB will
both work, and MyISAM should be default, so running it without an
ENGINE = XXX should result in a MyISAM table being created which will
work as long as you dont use "row-level locking transactions" for the
sessionhandler

Quoting Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com>:

> At 12:12 PM 11/2/2006, Jason Clifton wrote:
>
>>> Its easy just change ENGINE = InnoDB; to ENGINE = MyISAM;
>
> Nope, now I get:
>
> ERROR 1064 at line 154: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
> 'ENGINE = MyISAM' at line 6
>
> There is some part of...
>
> CREATE TABLE horde_sessionhandler (
>     session_id             VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
>     session_lastmodified   INT NOT NULL,
>     session_data           LONGBLOB,
>
>     PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
> ) ENGINE = InnoDB;
>
> ... that it doesn't like.
>
> Line 154 is the CREATE TABLE line.  I have no idea what line 6
> refers to.  That line is:
>
> -- $ mysql --user=root --password=<MySQL-root-password> < create.mysql.sql
>
> ... which is part of the header comment (I guess "--" is supposed to
> be a comment delimiter, much like # or //) and is meant to explain
> how to run it.
>
> I tried eliminating the ENGINE= altogether, so that I ended up with:
>
> CREATE TABLE horde_sessionhandler (
>     session_id             VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL,
>     session_lastmodified   INT NOT NULL,
>     session_data           LONGBLOB,
>
>     PRIMARY KEY (session_id)
> );
>
> ... and it ran to completion without complaint ... however I have no
> idea if horde or turba will actually be happy with it like that.
>
> Eric

Jason Clifton
City Diesel
www.citydiesel.net