[horde] Newbie doing initial horde installation

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Thu Nov 2 10:15:53 PST 2006

At 12:42 PM 11/2/2006, Jason Clifton wrote:

<JC>>>>>If it ran to completion before then you should be ok,  all that
line does is tell mysql what type of table to create. MyISAM or InnoDB will
both work, and MyISAM should be default, so running it without an ENGINE =
XXX should result in a MyISAM table being created which will work as long
as you dont use "row-level locking transactions" for the sessionhandler<<<<<

I found another page in the MySQL reference manual that describes locking,
and it says that MyISAM defaults to table-level locking, so I guess I
should be OK as long as there isn't anything somewhere else that forces
row-level locking.

I'll continue with the horde and turba installation and see what happens.

It's just me and my partners who are using the database so what's the worst
that can happen?  It'll screw up and my partners will come over here and
kick my ass.  No big deal.  :-)

Thanks...

Eric