[horde] Getting there but not quite... part deux

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Sat Nov 4 22:17:19 PST 2006

On 11/4/06, Eric <spamsink at scoot.netis.com> wrote:

> At 10:08 PM 11/4/2006, Eric wrote:
>
> <EP>>>>>But... if I now log out and try to log back in again, it won't let
> me in, says "Login failed because your username or password was entered
> incorrectly".<<<<<
>
> While I was still in after doing the initial setup, I went into the
> Personal Settings section where it asks for a secret question and answer
> that it can use to reset your password if you forget.
>
> Then I logged out and tried to log back in again, and failed (it wouldn't
> let me in).
>
> Hit the "Forgot your password" link, gave the answer to my secret
> question,
> and got a new password generated and sent to me in the email.
>
> Tried the new password, both for the Administrator and the NewHordeUser
> accounts, and it still won't let me in.
>
> Obviously something is wrong in the way I'm handling authentication.

There is a script in horde/scripts/sql/script.initial_horde_user.sql which
will add a user to your newly configured sql authentication backend.
username: admin password: admin (which should be changed as soon as you get
logged in).

The reason you are not able to log in is probably due to the fact that you
have no users defined in your horde_users table (which is what this script
takes care of).

Also, in order for this user to be an admin, you should edit horde's
config.php and add 'admin' to the array of admin users to look something
like: $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('admin');

Hope that helps

--Ben