[horde] Horde 3.1.3 and datatree related performance problems

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Nov 20 18:09:31 PST 2006

Quoting Chris Stromsoe <cbs at cts.ucla.edu>:

> I looked for documentations on the permission system, but couldn't
> find anything that explained the difference between the owner,
> perm_users, perm_creator, and perm_default.

Owner == owner of the share. Should always have full privileges.

perm_users == perms given to individual users
perm_default == perms given to any authenticated user

perm_creator == perms given to the user who created the individual object
implies the ability to create objects

> What does 'perm_creator' control?  I assume that's a default
> permission -- all of the calendars had it set, and I don't recall
> ever doing anything that would have set it globally.  Possibly
> something that got set in an older 3.0 and was never noticed since
> the code was hacked to ignore permissions.

I don't see it being added by default anywhere, and it shouldn't be...

-chuck