[horde] Fwd: Need help to merge 4 seperate horde installs

netty 2006 netty2006 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 02:50:57 PST 2006

Hello,

> If you have duplicate names across the servers -
> rectify these name copnflicts before trying to merge anything.

Thanks, yes i'm aware of the point

> > If i had to do this, first i'd verify that all 4 servers are running the
> > same versions of the same Horde components. Then i'd decide which of
> > the 4 installations will be preserved (the master). Make backups of the
> > database on that machine, and test that the backups can be reloaded.
> > Then pick one of the other machines to be merged with the master and
> > dump its database tables. Examine the dump file and make sure tables
> > will not be dropped when it is reloaded, then try loading it on the
> > master. Shut down the machine whose database was copied over, and tell
> > people who formerly used it to use the master machine instead.
> >
> > I don't know if this will work or not, but it is how i would start
> > thinking about the problem.

## I have it all planned and simple dump/restore wont work as far as
it appears to me(even if i ignore the duplicates).
    I'm actually looking for specifics on how to acheive it.

> >One obvious limitation is that if people
> > have preferences on multiple Horde installations, only 1 set of
> > preferences will survive. If there are not many such people, it may be
> > easiest just to tell them that they might lose some data, and if they
> > are concerned about address books or other really important data that
> > they export a copy for themselves and import it after the migration.
## There may not be many people with prefs in two place if i compare
to all, but it is still a possibility i wanted to address.

Can anyone tell me how to just merge the address books for now(dont
worry about duplicates), so i can buy some time for rest of the work.

Regards,
Netty