[horde] php and postgres, Re: Horde 3.1, memcache sessionhandler, sidebar, and flock()

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 2 10:49:59 PST 2007

Quoting Chris Stromsoe <cbs at cts.ucla.edu>:

> The more I look at this, the more it looks like here is either
> In any event, I'm stumped about where to look.  Is anybody else using
> postgres and shares/datatree seeing the same issues (extremely long
> lag times to create the first instance of a share) ?

I haven't seen this specific issue, but I do have speed issues in
Ansel listing photo galleries (mysql this time, so I don't think this
is pgsql specific). I'm looking at various remedies; unfortunately for
me removing about 1,000 rows from horde_datatree (10,000 from
horde_d_a) by getting bookmarks into their own table didn't do a think
for gallery listing speed.

I'm planning on doing more, looking into this + shares in plain SQL +
your data, but in the mean time, do you still see this as related to
the memcache session handler?

Thanks,
-chuck