[horde] Installing Horde without shell access

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Wed Jan 17 02:24:04 PST 2007

Greetings horde community,

I'm a total newbie regarding usage and installation of Horde, so take my apologies if my question was answered a thousand times before, but I didn't find anything about this topic in the mailing list archives nor the Horde wiki.

I was pretty impressed after seeing Horde running on our local LAN web server, so I decided to install the current Webmail Edition on our internet webspace as well. My problem here is that I do not have any kind of direct server access here. I can only access my webspace via FTP and run PHP by calling the scripts in my web browser. Since I don't have any kind of shell access (neither ssh nor rsh), I am not able to run the setup scripts of Horde or the PHP interpreter directly.

My question now is: Is there any way to setup and configure Horde without the shell scripts?

Kind regards
 Hendrik