[horde] Can't run setup, sort of

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Feb 10 15:19:32 PST 2007

Zitat von Steff Osborne <steff at quird.com>:

> Hi.  I'm new to the list and hate to start with a question, but I'm
> trying to install the Groupware (not the webmail version) and I'm having
> an Issue.  I've checked the list archives and bug tracker with no
> luck...
>
> I have everything installed, and the database is set up.  But when I try
> to run scripts/setup.php I get this (without the dotted lines):
>
> -----------------------
>
> -----------------------

This should not happen. Your binary at /usr/bin/php is a cgi, not a
cli version of PHP. But we call with the -q parameter, so you
shouldn't see the HTTP headers. Something seems to broken with your
PHP version.
What do you get if run: /usr/bin/php -v

> And then it just hangs.  Sits there, does nothing, doesn't even give me
> back my shell prompt.

Try the latest version of setup.php from CVS and see if you get any
error messages:
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php?r=1.10&p=1&f=groupware%2Fscripts%2Fsetup.php

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/