[horde] New Install Questions

Vernon Webb vernon at comp-wiz.com
Wed Feb 14 12:34:10 PST 2007

Hey all,

First time installing Horde so please go easy on me. ;)

My system:

     Fedora Core 6
     PHP 5.1
     MySQL
     Apache 2.2.3
     MySQL 5.0.27
     Horde 3.1.3-11.fc6 (installed using Yum horde-enhanced)

I've edited the httpd.conf file and am allowing access to my IP so I can edit the
setup of Horde. I have created the MySQL database and am connecting to it with horde.
When I go to http://myserver/horde it simply lets me in as Administrator, never asked
for a password or anything.

What I am wanting to do is use Horde as my Webmail script for my web server, but am
confused as to how people login if it's not even asking me to login when I first go
there. Furthermore when I went under Users I get the following:

Adding users is disabled.
Your authentication backend does not support adding users. If you wish to use Horde to
administer user accounts, you must use a different authentication backend.

Listing users is disabled.
Your authentication backend does not support listing users, or the feature has been
disabled for some other reason.

I'm sure I'm missing something here. Can someone please point me in  the right
direction as I have read the FAQs and other install documents and am still bewilder.

Thanks