[horde] imap integration with ssl support

mark@jumpingbean.co.za mark at jumpingbean.co.za
Tue Feb 20 03:20:20 PST 2007

Hi there,

On my horde server I can run ldapsearch -ZZ -x -Duid=etc -W just fine. I
get the result of the query back.  So /etc/ldap.conf and
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf is setup properly.

When I try and use the ldapauth with horde I can login ok. (I think it is
using the imap server for login. The imap server uses the ldap server for
auth.) When I try and get a list of users from hordes admin panel I get
errors that the ldap server cannot be found. If I try and add a user I get
"confidentiality required".

I have edited hooks.php and conf.php and set the port to 636 but no luck.
How can one do ldap authentication using simple bind with ssl in horde?

thanks