[horde] Three separate userbases with automatic IMAP login

Jarkko Ranta jarkko at aurinkopaimen.fi
Thu Mar 1 12:47:11 PST 2007

Hello, good people.

I have a problem which I could possibly solve with some serious
Trial&Error, but since the different approaches in my problem are so
numerous, I thought I'd rather ask your help.

I would like to install three Horde Groupware Webmail suites to three
different groups of people. I wan't the users of each installation to be
able to see each other (and each others calendars etc.), mut not be aware
of the users of the other two installations.

What kind of installation do you recommend?

If I create mail addresses for all the groups, can I use IMP
authentication for them and STILL be able to separate the users into
different 'installations'? I'd just like the users to autologin to their
mailboxes at the Horde login, so that's why I'd like to use IMP
authentication, or is there another way?

So, I guess here it is in a nutshell:
- 3 Horde Groupware Webmail Edition userbases. (should I use
same database or create each it's own, effectively being 3 totally
separate Groupware installations?)
- Each installation has a different userbase, in which the users are able
to see other users in the same 'installation', but are unaware of other
userbases' users
- Users should login into their IMAP boxes directly when they log on to
Horde, without separate mailbox login.

Is there a simple answer for this? :)

-jarkko