[horde] Three separate userbases with automatic IMAP login

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 2 05:09:02 PST 2007

Zitat von Jarkko Ranta <jarkko at aurinkopaimen.fi>:

> Hello, good people.
>
> I have a problem which I could possibly solve with some serious
> Trial&Error, but since the different approaches in my problem are so
> numerous, I thought I'd rather ask your help.
>
> I would like to install three Horde Groupware Webmail suites to
> three different groups of people. I wan't the users of each
> installation to be able to see each other (and each others calendars
> etc.), mut not be aware of the users of the other two installations.
>
> What kind of installation do you recommend?

The question is, how are those users separated on your system, i.e.
how do you or the system know which user belongs to which group?

> If I create mail addresses for all the groups, can I use IMP
> authentication for them and STILL be able to separate the users into
> different 'installations'? I'd just like the users to autologin to
> their mailboxes at the Horde login, so that's why I'd like to use
> IMP authentication, or is there another way?
>
> So, I guess here it is in a nutshell:
> - 3 Horde Groupware Webmail Edition userbases. (should I use same
> database or create each it's own, effectively being 3 totally
> separate Groupware installations?)

See above. But you probably need 3 installs anyway if you really want
to hide the users from each other.

> - Each installation has a different userbase, in which the users are
> able to see other users in the same 'installation', but are unaware
> of other userbases' users
> - Users should login into their IMAP boxes directly when they log on
> to Horde, without separate mailbox login.

This completely unrelated and covered in the install docs. And it's
the default behaviour of the Webmail Edition anyway.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/