[horde] installing horde webmail edition on fedora core 5, with a full set of pre req's

Stefan Bund stefan.bund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:57:27 UTC 2007

Thanks to the horde community, I am trying to get my first installation
going.
I am using:
php 5.2, fully installed with prerequisites
apache 2.2
mysql 5.0

myserver.com/horde/test.php reveals a complete installation
but myserver.com/horde/login.php gives me this error:

A fatal error has occured
Could not connect to database for  SQL session handler

I got the database install to work, and  I can see the horde schema
(tables). I have a pretty secure apache, with the following <Directory>
directives:
<Directory />
        Order Deny,Allow
        Allow from all
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /horde>
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

What should I look at next? I am thinking I must make a specialized user
inside mysql for horde?

Thanks to all horde users,

Stefan Bund
USA