[horde] Automated Easy Install

Goodyear, Duran DGoodyear at uarts.edu
Mon Mar 19 21:06:16 UTC 2007

Recent Joiner, first time poster...

I'm more on the novice side of Linux System Administration, but the
nature of my job means I have to try and keep pace... Horde is
attracting me because of its feature set, and open source nature, but
due to internal "issues" in the office place (personalities, politics) I
don't always have all of the information I need when I go and install a
new piece of software...  So, in this example. I install HORDE, and it
needs a lot of info (LDAP related, email server related) that kills the
install process and just basically ruins the install if you're missing
it.

I would love for an automated install process that presents this
questions, and allows me to proceed when I have the info, instead of
realizing only later that I've missed some critical bit and having to
redo the process again...

Failing that, is there any documentation somewhere that has a full
"checkbox by checkbox" "line by line" list of the options and
configuration fields that you are presented with on your first install
of horde?

Thank you.

] duran goodyear
] web developer