[horde] Problems after cvs upgrade of horde HEAD

Virgil E. Alderson valderson at xtg.bz
Mon Mar 26 16:02:19 UTC 2007

debian etch, apache 2, php 5, oracle 10g, horde 3.2

Well my upgrade did not go well at all. Strange things started happening
like permissions and groups stopped working. I figured Something went
wrong with my update, so I started with a fresh CVS of horde, installed
the new framework components,and ran the sql upgrade for alarms. But
that did not fix things. So I returned to an earlier copy I had of horde
and reinstalled the framework for that revision. Everything seems back
to normal now, except for one user which always throws this error in the
sidebar when you log in

  *Fatal error*: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in
*/usr/share/php/Horde/DataTree.php* on line *456

*1. We discovered an inconsistency in that you defined alarm_uid as
nullable but you also use it as part of the primary key and oracle
forces primary key elements to be mandatory.
    refer to either  scripts/sql/create.oci8.sql or
scripts/sql/horde_alarms.oci8.sql the both illustrate the same
inconsistency.

2. When trying to set an alarm through the new alarms in administration,
You are inserting a Null value into alarm_uid which is part of the
primary key. See log entry below which illustrates this problem the
value of alarm_uid is NULL

Mar 24 13:58:52 HORDE [debug] [horde] DB Error: unknown error: INSERT
INTO horde_alarms (alarm_id, alarm_uid, alarm_start, alarm_end,
alarm_methods, alarm_params, alarm_title, alarm_text) VALUES
('20070324135852.72z2jcrddf4s <at> xx.xxx.xx', '', '2007-03-20T04:06',
'2007-03-12T02:01', 'a:1:{i:0;s:6:"notify";}',
'a:1:{s:6:"notify";a:1:{s:5:"sound";b:0;}}', 'sdfsdf',
'sdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd') [nativecode=ORA-01861: literal does not match
format string] [on line 170 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Notification.php"] '

3. We still dont understand why the "T" is showing up just before the
time, we have confirmed that our character set is correct oracle does
not like the "T" in the date values.

$.  and I also see this in the log after the upgrade, seems to me that
once NLS_DATE_FORMAT is set it should not have to do it again. But it
seems to happen often.

Mar 24 16:19:19 HORDE [debug] [horde] SQL connection setup for Alarms,
query = "ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'"
[on line 386 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Alarm/sql.php"]

Virgil