[horde] what is the URL to login to web server for my website hosted on horde ?

jochem at mondrian-it.nl jochem at mondrian-it.nl
Fri Mar 30 07:18:17 UTC 2007

Horde is an application framework, it's not an operating system or a
webserver. Your website, most likely, runs on apache2 (webserver) on a
version of linux (operating system).

I'm assuming your questions below are, as I read them, not about the horde
application, but about your regular website. As Bill Graham mentioned, there
is no url to log into to give you admin rights in horde, it's username
dependant. The rest of the questions are about functionality Horde doesn't
offer.

2) This is something that depends entirely on your webhost. No one here can
answer those questions for you. You'll have to ask your friend.

3) To upload files, you'll probably need some sort of (s)ftp client
(cuteftp, winscp). There's no telling for sure though, as this is also
webhost-dependant. FTP is the most used protocol though. There's lots of
FAQ's on the internet about FTP uploading, (see www.google.com).
Other than that, you'll ofcourse need a webbrowser.

4) You don't need to know anything about php to upload your pages, but
again, depending on your host, you might need some *nix knowledge. Chances
are though that you can just use your ftp client to add pages. Ask your
friend for details.

Regards,

Jochem