[horde] Feature Request: Another login page not required.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Thu Apr 19 06:25:53 UTC 2007

Dear List:

I have a requirement of setting up File Upload utility.  I have setup
a system having only Horde and Gollem.

I have following lines in horde/conf.php
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'gollem';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

That is, I want to authenticate horde through Gollem application.

I have following lines in horde/prefs.php

$_prefs['initial_application'] = array(
     'value' => 'gollem',
     'locked' => true,
     'shared' => true,
     'type' => 'select',
     'desc' => sprintf(_("What application should %s display after
login?"), $GLOBALS['registry']->get('name'))
);

That is, I want to directly go to File Manager Application immediately
after login.

I have following lines in horde/gollem/backends.php

$backends['hordeftp'] = array(
      'name' => 'FTP Server',
      'driver' => 'ftp',
      'preferred' => 'localhost',
      'hordeauth' => false
      'params' => array(
          // The hostname/IP Address of the FTP server.
          'hostspec' => 'cig07.isac.dos.gov.in',
          // The port number of the FTP server.
          'port' => 21,
          // Use passive mode?
          'pasv' => false,
          // Set timeout (in seconds) for the FTP server. Default: 90 seconds
          // 'timeout' => 90,
          // If true and the POSIX extension is available the driver will map
          // the user and group IDs returned from the FTP server with the local
          // IDs from the local password file.  This is useful only if the FTP
          // server is running on localhost or if the local user/group
          // IDs are identical to the remote FTP server.
          // You must be running a version of Horde >= 3.1 for this
parameter to
          // have any effect.
          'maplocalids' => true,
          // The default permissions to set for newly created folders
and files.
          // 'permissions' => '750'
      ),
      'loginparams' => array(
          // Allow the user to change the FTP server.
          // 'hostspec' => 'Hostname',
          // Allow the user to change the FTP port.
          // 'port' => 'Port'
      ),
      // 'root' => '',
      // 'home' => '',
      // 'createhome' => false,
      // 'filter' => '^regex$',
      // 'quota' => '100 MB',
      'clipboard' => false,
      'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'download', 'modified',
'size', 'permission', 'owner', 'group')
);

That is, I am using FTP backend for uploading files.  And this is the
only backend I am going to use.

Now my problem is like this.  Functionally everything is OK.  It asks
me to login twice when I set my initial application as gollem in Horde
prefs.php.
But, when I set initial application as Horde, I am asked for password
again, if I click on File Manager.  But, I am not asked for password,
if I click on FTP backend and it shows the existing files (because it
has already authenticated me).

My feeling is, when there is only one backend defined, and if I click
on File Manager, it should directly show my default/only one defined
backend without asking for password.

Regards,

Anant Athavale.