[horde] Login fails using passwd driver.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Apr 20 06:03:21 UTC 2007

My system is a RHEL/FC system where in authentication, Shadow and MD5
are enabled. /etc/passwd file just has 'x' in the password field.
/etc/shadow does not have permissions for others to read, but has
password.  I tried setting up /etc/shadow for authentication instead
of /etc/passwd after giving read permission.  Added this line to conf
file: $conf['auth']['params']['encryption']='xxxx' where xxxx
stands for md5-base64 or md5-hex or smd5 or crypt-md5.  For any
combination, I could not login.  Is it that, if my driver is "passwd",
the parameter encryption is not used at all?

Please give some hints to progress on this issue.

Regards,
Anant.