[horde] horde/apache hangs when home directory has greater than 2GB data

Steven Marzec steven.marzec at bme.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 24 17:22:26 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Steven Marzec <steven.marzec at bme.gatech.edu>:
>
>> Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> This has nothing to do with Horde. Some process on your server,
>>> probably the imap daemon, is probably hitting some system limit.
>>>
>>> Jan.
>>>

>> Is there a way I can set Horde to use a predefined IMAP folder such as
>> ~/mail instead of the base home directory and possibly get around the
>> problem I'm encountering?
>>
>> On an older version of horde I could set a line in
>> horde/imp/config/servers.php to
>>
>> 'folders' => 'mail/',
>>
>> but I'm not sure where to configure that option in the latest version.
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/ImpUWIMAPNamespaces
>
> Jan.

After tinkering with a few settings I found I could get things working
by turning off the Virtual INBOX and use IMAP subscribe instead in the
horde/imp/config/prefs.php as follows:

// display Virtual INBOX?
$_prefs['use_vinbox'] = array(
     'value' => 0,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Display Virtual Inbox?"));

// use IMAP subscribe?
$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
     'value' => 1,
     'locked' => false,
     'shared' => false,
     'type' => 'checkbox',
     'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions?"));

Thanks,
Steven