[horde] Horde on Web Hosting

kenneth.pearce at kodak.com kenneth.pearce at kodak.com
Wed May 2 19:29:26 UTC 2007

Hello, I'm looking for a little help setting up Horde Web Mail Edition on
a hosted service (1and1) where I don't have shell or Root access.
setup.php seems to only work with ssh access which I don't have.   I have
created the subdomain and pointed it ti the Horde directory and have
created the MySQL DB (Called db204579941)  copied config.php.dist to
config.php but I need some help configuring Horde to know where the DB
server address and DB & DB User names and Password. If I do this will
Horde work with out running setup.php? I couldn't find any information on
how to setup horde with a hosting provider. I wish there was a way I could
get setup.php to do the installation like other group ware packages
because Horde looks like one of the nicest packages out there.

Thanks