[horde] From header different when email sent from IMP?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed May 16 00:35:13 UTC 2007

Quoting Patrick Baldwin <Patrick.Baldwin at studsvikscandpower.com>:

> Hi, I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-RC1, and horde-3.1.1_2.
>
> I've noticed that when email is sent from IMP, the From: header
> is different than when sent via our normal IMAP clients.
>
> Instead of Firstname.Lastname at ourdomain.com, it's
>
> IMAPlogin at ourdomain.com
>
> I was hoping to roll IMP out to a limited user base for testing
> this week, but I'd really like to get that fixed first.

Very likely, your SMTP server is configured to rewrite addresses on
send (though it's possible you've done relevant setup in each of your
"normal" imap clients also). If that's the case, you may have set up
IMP to send email through local sendmail, instead of SMTP. Switching
to have IMP contact your SMTP server would solve the problem.

-chuck