[horde] Another login issue.. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Clayton Bell c.bell at bom.gov.au
Wed Jun 13 00:25:59 UTC 2007

Issue:
Horde log reports that users (including Administrator) are authenticating but they do not have permission to read the horde app.  This results in users being stuck at the login page.

Error message in horde log:
Guest user does not have READ permission for horde

I have also tried checking out 3.2-cvs versions from as far back as a year ago and am still having the same result.
I haven't had this problem with horde 3.1
my php version is 5.2.2 for both horde 3.1 and 3.2-cvs

Details and steps:

1. check out horde and framework, install framework
2. drop mysql horde database and re-load the create.mysql.sql file into the db.
3. copy basic config/ files.  conf.php etc..

4. configure horde settings via web page
   mysql back end, authentication using /etc/passwd, sessions using php

5. generate/save config via the web front end.. this puts me to the horde login page
6. log in as administrator..

Which generates this log entry:

Jun 13 09:35:27 HORDE [debug] [horde] Hook _prefs_change_hook_last_login in application horde not called. [on line 1485 of "/home/devel/lib/php/Horde.php"]
Jun 13 09:35:27 HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for Administrator [134.178.8.34] to Horde [on line 121 of "/home/devel/local/htdocs/horde-head/login.php"]
Jun 13 09:35:27 HORDE [debug] [] SQL Query by DataTree_sql::_exists(): SELECT datatree_id FROM horde_datatree WHERE group_uid = ? AND datatree_name = ? AND datatree_parents = ? [on line 399 of "/home/devel/lib/php/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
Jun 13 09:35:27 HORDE [debug] [] Guest user does not have READ permission for horde [on line 778 of "/home/devel/lib/php/Horde/Registry.php"]

My conf.php lists Administrator as a special user like so:
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator');

I've also tried using mysql as the authentication back end to confirm that its not directly authentication related.  Authentication does fail if I type the incorrect password or incorreclty configure the auth backend.
test.php correctly increments my session count.

Is there some extra data that I need to pre-load into the database for application permissions?  Surely Administrator is exempt from this??

How can users log in to use the horde apps??

Thank you for your time.

Clayton