[horde] Trying to setup using latest snapshot.

Anant Athavale asa at isac.gov.in
Sat Jun 23 08:43:04 UTC 2007

> Quoting Anant Athavale <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> OK.  Here is the output.
>>
>> Discovery of channel "pear.horde.org" failed (channel-add: Cannot open
>> "http://pear.horde.org/channel.xml")
>>
>> Failed to register pear.horde.org; you must fix this before continuing.
>>
>> I know this is due to no connectivity to internet.  My system is not
>> connected to internet, then how do I continue.
>
> Copy a PEAR root dir from another server after initializing the horde
> channel (or just run install-packages on another machine and copy the
> resulting files).
>
> Or use horde-fw-symlinks instead of install-packages since you're
> installing from CVS anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

I want to have two clarifications.

1. Do the resulting files after install-package differ from system to system?
    If no, why not a tarball is kept in the horde depository for
simple download?

2. I never had this issue in Horde 3.1.  I used to download required pear
    modules from pear.php.net and move them to lib of horde.  But, Horde
    pear module used to be part of horde.tar.gz.  Any specific reason for the
    change in this.